Want to use your Hotmail account calendar to manage your work here is the way you can do this.
The Hotmail account calendar can be managed in different ways. To use it more effectively first thing you have to do is:
- Open the Hotmail login page using the correct URL and get login to your account with your login credential.
- After landing on the main page of your Hotmail email account, hover for the calendar option. This option you can find at the left lower side of the landing page.
- Click on the calendar option to open and start working on it.
Once you will click on the calendar option, a normal calendar will open. But, because you want to make it better, so check for other options present in the page. On the left hand side of the page, you can check Hotmail present different types of calendar option for you.
My calendar, US holidays, birthday calendar and friends and fun
To manage events, you can use the fun calendar and it gives you various options to manage. Here are the steps to manage this calendar.
- Click on the ‘Friends and Fun’ calendar and select the month and date for the event.
- At the top right corner of the date, you can find the option ‘Add’. Use this option to add details in the calendar.
- You can enter what the event is; you can set the reminder to remind about the event. Various options for recurrence of an event are there in the calendar. Check the option daily, monthly, weekly and yearly.
- If you want to add more details in the event, like, you are organizing a birth party at your home and want to invite a few of your close friends, then this option is wonderful for you.
- Click on the option more details. There you will see a description box. In the box, you can write the message you want to share.
- Click on the save button to freeze the calendar.
- Now, if you want to share the calendar to invite them in the event you have planned. Click on the event and select the calendar, clicking on the drop down button present in-front of the calendar option. Check the “Fun and Friends” as you have entered the details of the event in this calendar only.
- Again click on the “Friends and Fun” calendar option to change the page setting.
- A new page will open with some options. Search the option ‘Sharing’ to start sharing the calendar.
- Once you will click on the option sharing, a page will open. The page will have some security options for sharing the calendar. If you wish to share the calendar with everyone in your mailing list, you click on the option “Make your calendar public”. Once you will click on this option, your calendar will be shared with everyone in your mailing list.
- And if you wish to share the calendar only with selected people, select the option ‘Share your calendar privately with friends and family”.
- In the listed options, check the option “Preview in a web browser”.
- A link will appear in the description box. Click on the button Ok to share the event with your chosen friends.
This is the way to share “Friends and Fun” calendar. You need to follow the same steps to share other calendars as well.
Manage “My Calendar”
Hotmail gives you many options to manage my calendar as well. With its effective use, you can manage your work more significantly.
Add events and reminders
The “my calendar” in Hotmail ensures effective work management. You can use its features to set reminders for events, registering events and much more. To set reminders, here are the steps.
- Step 1: Login to your Hotmail account and come to the main page.
- Step 2: Select the “my calendar” option. Open the calendar and to the month and date, on which you want to add details. Click on the add option to add event details.
- Step 3: Select the recurrence frequency according to your requirement.
- Step 4: Hotmail calendar contains calendars of upcoming years as well. So, if you want to add a reminder for something that will occur in years, the option is there. Now, you can use the aforementioned steps to share the calendar with your friends and close group if you wish to do so.
Points to remember
- The changes require an active hotmail account.
- You can make changes in Hotmail calendar offline as well, but for sharing internet is required.