In this era of technology having an email id is essential for communication as it makes you to communicate with your family, friends or to send resume for employment purpose or for taking any membership every type of your data can be maintained in your email box for a long time.
So, if you are thinking to create an account, then sign up with Hotmail. It hardly takes few minutes for creating a new account. Here is the step by step instruction for the same.
Steps for creating a Hotmail account on desktop/laptop
- First open your web browser and type “Hotmail” on search tab or you can type hotmail.com.
- Now you will directly reach into an MSN page, here you will see two options to sign up, either click on “outlook.com” on top left corner or click on “sign in” on top right corner from both you will reach on the same page that is “Sign in”.
- If you already have an account then you can directly “Sign in”. But, because we don’t have an account, so, for creating a new account, we have to click on option “create one” highlighted in blue color.
- When you will click on the “Create New” button, a new window will open. Here, you have to enter the “email id” for your new account; also you can enter a phone number instead of e-mail id. You have both the options. Click on “next” button.
- When you enter email id make sure that email id is unique otherwise it generate an error message. For e.g.: – you enter firstname.lastname@example.org if this ID already exists, then it will say email@example.com is already an account. So, you have to again enter the id. Click on “next” button.
- Now create a password for your new email id. The password should be created according to the instructions given on the page. After creating the password, click on click on “next” button.
- In the next window, a screen will open asking for some more information for setting up your account like your first name and last name. Click on “next” button after entering details.
- Now enter your “Country/region” from drop down list and “birth date” by proper selecting your date, month, and year. Click on “next”.
- Now in the next step, Microsoft to ensure that the real person is creating this account, it will ask you to enter the “captcha”. There you can find two buttons “new” and “audio”. If you are not able to read given captcha then simply click on “new” and a new captcha will generate. And if you have any difficulty in reading the letters, then click on “audio” button to hear the captcha. Hear the voice and enter the captcha. Click on “next”.
- By confirming all the above steps, account creation process is successfully complete and you will directly reach to “MSN page” from where we started. Here, you can see the “sign in” option has changed to “your name” which is your account name on the top right corner.
- Click on “Outlook.com” on the “MSN page” from top left corner and in the next page will ask for some settings. Settings like to choose preferred display language and home time zone from the drop down list and then click on “save”.
- After saving all your settings you will directly reach to your inbox of your newly created account and you can see the first mail in your box “welcome to your new account” and also you can check all the available features and functions linked to your account.
Now your Hotmail account is successfully created with the above steps.
Steps for creating a Hotmail account on Android device
- If you want to use Hotmail on your Android device, then first download it from “play store”.
- Go to the “Google play store” and in the search bar type “Hotmail”. Choose the first one named as “Microsoft Outlook”. Click on “install” button and it starts downloading after that it will automatically install in your device and you can see the icon of the application in your device named as “Outlook”.
- Once it’s installed “open it” and window opens of email account and click on “get started”.
- After that, enter your registered email id in the space provided and continue to tap on the next screen.
- Now it will ask you to enter your “password” of your account, enter in the next field.
- Click on “sign in” button and loading starts with “authenticating with outlook” and it may take some time.
- In next window it will ask that if you want to “add another account” click on “skip” to continue further.
- Now your account is authenticated.
- And finally you can completely access your account and in the further pages it will give you an introduction of the features of your Hotmail app either you can skip them or go through them by clicking on “next”.
- Your mail box is open and ready to use.
Steps for creating a Hotmail account on the iPhone device
- Go to the home screen of your device and click on the “App Store” application.
- Click on “search” it is on the bottom right corner and in the search bar type “Hotmail”.
- Click on the first link named as “Microsoft Outlook” and start downloading.
- Now you have to follow the same steps of android device from step 3-10 and with this you can access your Hotmail account in iPhone device.
- On the iPhone homepage tap on the “settings” and then go to “Accounts and Passwords” and then click on “Add account”.
- The screen slides with email options and select “Outlook.com” from the given option.
- After that Hotmail sign in page loads and write your email address in the given space and click on “Next” and move to the next step.
- Now enter your account password and click on “Sign in”.
- It will ask for the permission that you want to give your data, access to iOS and click on “yes” if you want to do it so.
- As you allow iOS to access your device and now you can choose the other options like to sync your contacts, calendars, reminders with Hotmail for this slide the toggle control to right and it will change in “green” color, after selection click on “save” from the top right and with this your account has successfully added.
- Now move to your “mail” application on your device and you can access your newly created account.