Want to create email account on Hotmail application and want to know about the process, you have landed on the right ways to see confirm. Here we are sharing the step by step process for creating the Hotmail account on different platforms. Let’s start with creating a Hotmail account with a web browser.
- Step 1
This first step to create a Hotmail account on your desktop using a web browser is, open the web browser on your PC and enter the URL https://www.outlook.com/ in it. This is because; Microsoft has now merged the Hotmail application with Outlook. Though, Microsoft is giving options to users to use Hotmail extension even now, but internally it integrates with Outlook.
- Step 2
This is the official login page for Outlook, and it also gives the option for creating a fresh account. To create a fresh account in Outlook, you have to click on the button “Create Account”.
- Step 3
Once we click on the option ‘create account’, a new screen will open, giving you the option to create the username and its password.
- Step 4
You can create your username and select the extension as outlook.com or hotmail.com. According to your choice, the page will have the extension hotmail and outlook both in the dropdown.
- Step 5
You can create a unique username for the account, taking suggestions followed by the password. Remember the password will have both numbers and characters.
- Step 6
Once the username and password is confirmed, uncheck the box “Send me promotional emails from Microsoft”.
- Step 7
If wish to receive promotional mail, you can skip this step.
- Step 8
Click on the next button and you will be taken to the next page. Here, the system will ask for your personal details like your name, last name. After entering your name and last name, click on the next button.
- Step 9
The next screen will ask you to fill your location and your date of birth. Enter the details.
- Step 10
Click on the option Next and then a new screen will open, asking for security details and verification.
- Step 11
Enter your phone number in the blank and Microsoft will send a verification code on your number. Enter the code and click on option next.
- Step 12
In case, you did not receive code on your phone number, you can tap on option, send code again.
- Step 13
Click on the next button to enter in your account. You won’t be able to access your account until; you enter the right verification code.
- Step 14
Once you are done with the process of creating accounts and receive the congratulation message from outlook, log off from your account.
- Step 15
Turn off your PC and restart it. Open the web browser and enter the URL https://www.outlook.com/.
- Step 16
Click on Login button in order to login to your account. Now, enter your user name and password and click on Next button.
- Step 17
You are now inside your Hotmail account; check your inbox to see the welcome mail you received from hotmail.
Step by step guide to create Hotmail account on Windows desktop
- Hotmail and Outlook is the email application of Microsoft and it is the part of MS Office Suite. If you have Window OS on your desktop, and have MS Office Suite as well, then you can easily create a Hotmail account in your desktop. To do that, first you have to turn on your PC, and then click on the start button present at the bottom left side of the PC screen.
- Go to ‘All programs’ present right above the start button. When you click on the button a new drop down list will open. In the list hover for the option MS Office Suite. Click on the MS Office Suite option, and all the applications of MS Office will open in a new list. It will also have the option of MS Office Outlook. For creating a fresh account on Hotmail/Outlook you have to click on MS Office Outlook options.
- Once you click on the option “MS Office Outlook”, a new screen will open with the heading in bold “Outlook 2007 startup”.
- On the fresh open screen, you need to click on the “Next” button and you will be taken to a new screen. Here you will be probed a question “you can configure Outlook to connect to internet Email, Microsoft Exchange and other E-mail server”.
- You will be given two options here to click on “Yes” and “No”.
- Click on the option ‘yes’ to proceed with the process of creating Hotmail account.
- Here we are using the Google email application that is Gmail to create the Hotmail account on Window 2007 PC. When you click on the option yes, a new screen will open asking you to feel some details, like your name, email address and password. Enter your name and your Gmail Account login credentials in the space bar. And then click on the button “next”.
- Before clicking on the option next, check the box present at the button “manually configure server setting or additional server types”.
- A new screen will open with the options, click on the first option ‘Internet E-mail” and then click on next button. The PC will take a few minutes to configure the server setting, so do not panic and wait for some time.
- After this click on the button “Next” and a new screen will open with some setting options. On this page as well, you need to enter some details. Keep the details of first two columns as it is and the account type as “Pop 3”. In the income mail server blank, enter “pop.secureserver.net’. Then in the outgoing mail server (SMTP) enter ‘smtpout.secureserver.net’. In the login information section, enter your username and password.Check both the box present at the bottom “remember password’ and ‘require logon using secure password authentication (SPA). After this click on the option “More setting”.
- In, the more setting option, tap on option “Outgoing server” and check the first box.
- Click on “advanced” button then and in the new page, enter the following details.
- In the Outgoing server details enter “80” the default would be “25”. You can also enter 3535 and then click on the ‘Ok’ button present at the bottom.
- Click on the task button to check the task progress, once it show both the task complete, close the box and then on Next button.
- You will get a congratulatory message from Outlook for successfully creating the account.