Want to know how you can manage your Hotmail privacy? Here are some guidelines that can help you. There are many changes you can do to make your Hotmail account secure or to increase the privacy of your account such as:
Save and block sender
This option gives you to the freedom, who can and who cannot contact you. To activate this option, here are the steps.
- Open the Hotmail landing page using the URL hotmail.com.
- Click on the option login. After this enter your email address followed by the password.
- Go to the setting option present on the top right side of the page.
- In the drop down list, select the option “More mail setting”.
- Once you will click the option, a huge drop down list will option with various security and privacy options.
- Hover for the category “Preventing Junk email”. And check the option “Safe and block sender”.
- Click on the “Safe and block sender” option to check more filters.
- You will get three drop down here, safe sender, safe mailing list, block sender. The first two options are for creating a safe list. And the third option is for restricting the unwanted sender.
- Click on the block sender option to blocker those senders from whom you do not want to receive emails.
- A new page will open with a blank to enter the emails whom you want to block. On the right side of the page, you can also find a button “Add to list”.
- Click on the button to add multiple email addresses.
- Meanwhile, by mistake if you add some genuine email ID in the block list, the option ‘remove from the list’ can be used to unblock the user.
- There is an advance privacy option present in Outlook, which you can use to auto suggest the email, which you want to enter in the block list.
The password of email account is very important to ensure the security and privacy of account. Therefore, you should change your account password regularly. Here is the step by step guide to change the account password.
The first method to change the account password
- After opening the hotmail login page, click on the option “forget password”, which you can find at the bottom of password column.
- The Hotmail will ask you the way to receive your lost email password, either on registered email or registered phone number.
- The Hotmail email account is your primary account, then chose the option, recovery of password through contact number. And, in case you know your registered email address and it is still active, chose the first option.
- The hotmail will send a password regeneration link on your registered mail ID.
- Click on the link and create a new password for the account.
- Use the same password to login to your account.
- In case you are using your registered number to retrieve new password, you will receive a code for password change on your number.
- Enter the code in the blank and then you will be taken to a new page to create a fresh password for your account.
The second method to change the account password
- The second method to change password is the method you should use to keep updating your password. It is simple and less time taking.
- Login to your Hotmail account, using your login credential.
- Go to the option “WebPro Education” present at the top right side of the page and in the appeared drop click on the option “Account setting”.
- Check the left hand side of the page and click on the option “Security and password”.
- A new page will open asking for the verification of the user.
- If you have registered your alternate email address with Hotmail, then click on the option email and enter your complete email address at the bottom bar.
- Hotmail will send a verification code in your registered email.
- Open the alternate email and copy the verification code from there.
- Meanwhile, a new page will open at Hotmail asking you to enter the verification code.
- Once you will enter the code, the option “change password” will appear in the drop down.
- Click on the option change password and create a new password for your account.
In case you have registered the mobile number or your registered mail Id is not working any more
- Then you need at the place where you selected the email ID, you need to select the second option i.e. “I don’t have these anymore”.
- The hotmail will ask you to enter your contact number you registered. It will send the verification code in your phone number via SMS.
- Enter the verification code and the page will open with the option “Change password”. Use it to change the password.