Do you want to know how to sign into your Hotmail account on different devices, and then here is the step by step instruction.
Sign in to Hotmail account on desktop
- Step 1
Open your system and click on your web browser. In the web browser type the URL https://login.live.com/login.srf.
- Step 2
After typing this URL press the enter button and a new screen will open with one blank. The blank is for entering the username that is your hotmail account. This is the same email ID you created while filling the form of Hotmail or you are using. Type the complete user name along with the extension, after that click on the button ‘Next’.
- Step 3
When you will click on the button ‘next’ you will be taken to a new screen and here you have to enter your account password. Once you will enter the password and click on the next option you will be taken to your Hotmail inbox.
- Step 4
In case you have forgotten your account password, Microsoft would not allow you to sign into your account. To sign into your account in this case, you need to click on the option ‘forgot password’. This option is present next to the password blank.
- Step 5
When you will click on the option “Forget password”, a new page will open with some options which will help Microsoft to filter out the exact problem of your failed login attempts. The options are:
- I have forgotten my password.
- I know my password still I am unable to sign in.
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft Hotmail account.
As you are unable to login to your account because you have forgotten your password, you need to click on the first option that is I have ‘forget my password’.
- Step 6
When you click on the option ‘I have forgotten my password’, you will be taken to a new page, where the Microsoft will ask you to enter your email address and a captcha.
- Step 7
After entering your details now click on the next button, and again you will be diverted to a new screen where Microsoft will ask you to check the box through which you want to receive the verification code to generate the new password for your account. This is also a way Microsoft verifies the credential of the account holder.
- Step 8
You can click on the option your phone number if you want to receive the verification code on the phone, or you can tap on your alternate email id to receive the new password generation link on that.
- Step 9
If you will choose to receive the verification code in your email, then you will receive email from Microsoft. This email will have a link for password regeneration. When you click on the link given by Microsoft, a new screen will open, which will ask you to generate a new password for your account.
In case you choose the option to receive the verification code in your phone number, Microsoft will send the code through SMS on your phone number. Simultaneously, a box will open on your desktop asking you to enter the verification code you have received through SMS. After entering the code, a new screen will open that will give you the option to create a new password for your Hotmail account.
- Step 10
Once the password is generated, now again enter the Hotmail login page URL on your web browser and open the login page. Use the newly created password to login to your account.
Hotmail sign in on mobile device
If you want to learn how to sign in to your Hotmail account on Android mobile device, then here is a step-by-step instruction for the same. The process of login to Hotmail account on a mobile device is quite different from the desktop. Here, you need to first install the application of Hotmail on your mobile.
- Open the Google Play Store in your phone and search for Microsoft Outlook application. Download this application, install it and run it.
- Now the outlook application is there on your mobile. For Hotmail login also you have to download Outlook application as Microsoft has most Hotmail with Outlook. After opening the application, go to the setting page and click on the option “Add Account”.
- In the given field, enter your complete Hotmail email address. For example, if your email ID on Hotmail is ABC@hotmail.com, then you need to enter the complete email ID that is firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t use the auto fill option, as it will take Outlook then. After that, enter the next button.
- Now you will be taken to a new screen where you will be asked to enter your account password. So, enter the password of your account and then click on the option ‘sign in/login’.
- Here Outlook will ask for your permission to sync your save data on Hotmail accounts with your home. It is good you click on yes option. The benefits of synching the Hotmail data with the phone are that you will always have access to your account data.
- Now when the sync process is complete, your Hotmail account is set to be used on the mobile device. For checking your email, now you do not have to sign in every time. When you will click on the outlook icon present on your screen, or on the email box, the outlook inbox will open with all the fresh email.
- If you want to receive notifications for the incoming emails, you can change the setting of your phone accordingly.
- Although you would not face any kind of trouble when you will follow the mentioned steps correctly, still if any trouble arises, then you can take the help of your mobile manufacturer technical team. Some mobiles have different settings for installing Email application in it. With the technical assistance from manufacturers, installation could be done with ease.
What happen when you change password of your Hotmail account on desktop?
When you sync your Hotmail account on your phone, it is important to know that, changes made in your account on the desktop will get updated in mobile device as well. If you will change the password of your Hotmail account on desktop, then you need to update the password in your mobile device as well. Otherwise, your mobile would not show you the fresh mail’s coming into your account.