Got a new email on Google application and want to export Hotmail contacts to Gmail? Here is the step by step guidance to help you.
- First and foremost steps to export contacts from Hotmail account in Gmail account is, turning on the system and log in to your Hotmail account.
- After log in to account and landing on the inbox page, check the top bar present over the inbox.
- Click On the “Hotmail” or “Outlook” icon, present at the left top of the page.
- When you click on the button “Outlook/ Hotmail”, four options will pop-up, Outlook.com, People, Calendar and SkyDrive.
- In Hotmail account, all the contacts are saved in the people’s folder. Hotmail saves contact no and email address in this folder only. So, for exporting the contact of Hotmail to Gmail, you have to select the folder “People”.
- When you will click on the folder ‘people’, a new page will open. Check the top bar of the page having some options. You will find here the option ‘New’ and ‘Manage’. Click on the option ‘Manage’.
- Here, a drop down list will open carrying some options. Scroll down the cursor and find the option ‘export’ in the list. This is the option to ‘export’ your Hotmail contacts to Gmail or any other email application.
- A new window will appear asking you to say the “People folder’ on your system at your preferred location. You can rename the folder according to your choice, or you can save it with the default name. When you are saving the file with its default name and at the default location, make sure that you remember the name of the file and the location where it is saved. Nevertheless, it is better to save the file at personal preferred location, even when the file name is not changed. It becomes easier to find the file when it comes to attaching it somewhere or searching it. The default format for contact file of Hotmail would be common separated value file. Once you have saved the contact CSV file. It is the time to move to Gmail.
- As we are exporting the Hotmail contacts to Gmail account, now it is time to work on Gmail setting. Open the Gmail account using the login URL, in the same system, in which you have opened the Hotmail account.
- On the Gmail inbox page, click on the icon “Gmail”, present at the top left corner of the page.
- When you will click on “Gmail”, a drop down list to open with three options Gmail, contacts and task.
- Click on the ‘contact’ option and wait for a new page to open. In the new page, check the options present at the top bar. Here you will find the option ‘more’. You will find a drop down list when you will click on the option “More”. Here you need to tap on the option “Import”. Once you click on the option ‘import’, a new screen will open with the message ‘Please select the CSV or vCard file to open” and at the bottom of the message you can find two buttons ‘Choose file’ and ‘No file Chosen’.
- Click on the option “Choose file’ and it will ask you to choose the same file you imported from the Hotmail account. Reach at the location where you saved the “People folder’ that is the CSV file of contacts.
- Select the file, and then click on the option “Open” present at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the option ‘Import’ present at the bottom of the screen.
- When the import process will complete, you will be diverted to the page where you selected the option “More”.
- This page will show you all the contacts of your Hotmail account. And this is the method to export the contact of Hotmail to Gmail account successfully.
- If you have installed your Gmail account in other devices that you are using, like mobile phone, tablet and laptop, then the contact list will automatically get synch in all the devices. That means you do not have to import contacts of Hotmail in different devices separately.
This is the way to move in Hotmail contacts to Gmail account. In case you need to move your Hotmail contacts to some other email application, then for export of contacts from Hotmail, the steps will remain the same.
The step of importing contacts in the application may differ from Gmail. So, for that you can take the help of the internet to know the process of importing contacts.