Here is the step by step guide starting from creating your Hotmail account to successfully using app on different platforms.
How to create an account on Hotmail platform?
- Turn on your system and open your web browser. Here it is important to note that for creating an account on Hotmail platform, we need to have good internet connectivity. Without internet connectivity it is not possible create an account. In the web browser type the URL https://www.outlook.com/. You must be wondering why we have asked you to enter the URL of Outlook when you have to create an account on hotmail.com. So, for your information, both Hotmail and Outlook are the products of Microsoft. Hotmail is the older Email application of Microsoft and now it has been merged with Outlook completely. However, for users who still want to use Hotmail platform, Microsoft gives them the option of creating an email account with hotmail extension using aforementioned URL.
- When you click on the URL, a screen will open. Because you are creating a fresh account on Hotmail, you have to click on the button “create account”
- A new screen will open when you will click on the button “Create account” asking you to save some personal detail.
- Here you need to enter your username which will be your email ID. Microsoft provides both Hotmail and outlook extension options to users on this page. For creating a Hotmail email account, you need to click on the drop down button present in front of the blank and choose the option hotmail.com here. When your username will be finalized your email id would go like this firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The next blank is for the password. Here, you need to create the password of your email account. The password should have both numbers and characters, so include both in your password to make it good and acceptable. Write down the password on paper or save it on your desktop, so that, you don’t forget your password when you sign into your account.
- Often it is seen, people create tough password and they forget after saving it in the form. This creates login trouble when they finally create the account and try to login.
- Once the username and password you have created freeze, uncheck the box “Send me promotional mails from Microsoft”. By doing this, you don’t allow Microsoft to send promotional emails to you. If you wish to receive such emails, you can keep the box checked.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button. When you will click on the button, a new screen will open and here Microsoft will ask you to enter your first name and last name.
- After entering your first name and last name, click on the next button. Again a new screen will open asking you to enter your location and date of birth. You will have a drop down to add this detail.
- When you click on the next button Microsoft will ask for security details on the new screen that opens. As a security detail you need to enter your alternate email address and the phone number. Microsoft will send you a verification code, which you need to enter in the blank given on the screen to verify that you are the real user account.
- Once you will enter the correct verification code in the blank, your account will become active.
- Now you can close your web browser and reopen it. Once the browser is open, click on the option sign in. You are now in your Hotmail inbox.
How to sign in Hotmail account on desktop?
Once your account is created, now it is ready to use. You can use your account on the desktop any time after login. If you are not aware how to login to Hotmail account on the desktop, then here is the guide for you
- Open the browser of your desktop and type the URL https://login.live.com/login.srf and then, press enter button.
- Click on the button login/sign in.
- A new screen will open. Here, enter your complete email address and then click on the ‘Next’ button
- Again a new screen will open, here enter your account password. And then, tap on the ‘Next’ button. You have successfully logged in to your account and now you can check your email and do other activities in your account.
Sync your Hotmail account in your android mobile phone
After creating the Hotmail account on desktop, if you want to sync your account on your mobile phone so that, you can access email on the move, then here is the complete guide.
Step 1: To sync Hotmail on your mobile phone, you first need to install the application of Hotmail on your phone. For that, open your Google Play Store and search Microsoft Outlook application in it. Hover the latest application and click on the download button present in front of the application. Install the application and run it.
When the application is downloaded completely, it will save in your mobile menu.
Step 2: Browse the outlook application in your mobile menu and then click on that. Go to the settings page and click on the option “add account”. If you are unable to find this option at the first instant, no need to worry. Scroll down the drop down list and read all the options. You will find the ‘add account’ option right there. Click on the “add account” button.
Step 3: In the new open screen, enter your username. Here, you need to enter your complete user name along with the extension. And then click on the next button. On the next screen will be asked to enter your account password. After entering the password, click on the button Login/sign in.
Step 4: At this stage, you will receive a message from your device, about the permission for syncing your hotmail account details in your phone. When you will click on the “yes” button, your Hotmail account data will get saved in your phone. These includes your inbox data, folders you have created as well as the default folders, sent items, calendar, task and other folders.
Step 5: The device takes some time to sync the data. In the meantime, you do not get panic and start doing some other activity in your phone. Instead, wait for sometime patiently and let the sync process get complete.
Step 6: When the account will be synced with your phone, you will receive a notification from Microsoft saying that your account has been successfully installed on your device.
This is a smooth and hassle-free process, and it does not take more than half an hour for adding the Hotmail account or any other email account on the Android mobile device.
In case you need to sync the Hotmail account in your iPhone, then, except few steps, everything will be same.
Sync Gmail with Hotmail
If you are using Gmail or any other email application and want to sync Gmail in Hotmail, so that, you don’t have to open two different applications, then here is the guide.
- Login to your Gmail account, by opening the Google Chrome web browser. If you do not have Chrome browser then you can open other browsers and then in the space bar, type Google and then press the enter button.
- You will see here Gmail icons at the top left side of the page. Click on that and the Gmail login page will open. Enter your complete email id in the blank and then the password.
- Take the cursor at the gear button present at the top left side of the page and tap on it. Click on the option ‘setting’.
- Now, in the top row, you can see the option “Forwarding and POP/IMAP“. Click on the option.
- Locate the category POP download and click on the option “Disable POP”. Here you have to enable this option. After enabling the option, click on save button to save the changes made.
- Now, login to the Hotmail account and go its setting page.
- When you place the cursor on gear button the setting option will reflect, you need to click on setting and then “More setting” option present in the drop down list.
- A new screen will option with some setting categories option. Ignore all and click on “Sending/receiving email from other accounts”.
- When you will click on this option again a drop down list will open. Search the option “Add an email account”
- A new page will open asking you to enter your Gmail address. Enter your Gmail ID here with extension, in the POP3 address.
- The address for incoming mail server will be pop.gmail.com. And the default detail will be 995.
- If you have activated two step verification in Gmail, then here you need to create the app specific password.
- After completing the whole task, save the changes made and then turn off your Hotmail account and then close the system.
- Turn on your system and log in to your Hotmail account. You will find your Gmail inbox and other folders within the Hotmail inbox.